If you have puffiness and dark circles under your eyes, you are aware of how challenging it is to address these two skin conditions.
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG, targets these skin issues by reducing puffiness and under-eye circles. So if you’re curious to know if the product works, stay tuned for the full review.
For one, it’s super affordable, and more importantly, it uses chemicals that have been shown effective in treating skin problems. However, puffiness and dark circles are typically more difficult to treat.
Due to my persistent dark circles, I’ve heard the remark “you look weary” my whole life, even after the best nights of sleep, so I’ve mostly come to terms with the fact that concealer is the only cure!
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution Product Description
A water-based eye serum, Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG focuses on the skin issues that are most obvious around the eye contour.
Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (EGCG), a substance obtained from green tea leaves, is combined with a significant amount of caffeine in this recipe.
Dark circles and puffiness around the contour are less evident because of the synergistic effects of this active chemical combination.
Under-eye shadows may be noticeable if there is a hollowness in the eye contour caused by the structure of subcutaneous tissues like fat and bone.
With topical skincare, including this solution, this shadow, which should not be confused with dark circles, cannot be treated.
Benefits of using The Ordinary Caffeine Solution
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution comes with benefits that work for regular use. These include:
- Thin eye serum that aids in lessening puffiness, dark circles, and discoloration around the eyes.
- It contains caffeine, which helps to narrow the blood vessels near the eyes. The blood flow that caffeine promotes helps to minimize puffiness and those bothersome dark circles.
- It includes epigallocatechin gallatyl glucoside, an antioxidant with anti-free-radical effects similar to EGCG (a kind of EGCG found in green tea).
- The Ordinary notes that this eye serum is not meant to address shadows brought on by hollowness in the eye contour.
How to Use
- Use it twice a day.
- Use only on undamaged skin and only as instructed.
- Patch testing is advised before use.
- Keep children away from this.
- Due to the structure of sub-dermal tissues like fat and bone, The Ordinary notes that this eye serum is not meant to address shadows brought on by hollowness in the eye contour.
- It’s not meant to treat fat deposits around the eyes because topicals are ineffective in treating them.
- Stop using immediately and see a doctor if irritation develops.
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution Review
I started by using The Ordinary Caffeine Solution twice a day. My eyelids began to feel heated immediately after I finished massaging the fluid in.
When I applied the caffeine solution, I recall feeling a surge of heat in the area around my eyes because my eyes were so strained from forgetting my screen glasses.
The Ordinary even identifies a few situations in which you might not be successful with this product. The first is if a hollowness in the eye contour brought on by a loss of bone or fat is the root of dark circles.
While this appears to have dark circles, it has a shadowy appearance, so neither this product nor any topical treatment will be effective.
If eye puffiness is brought on by fat deposits under the eyes, this product—and, once more, any topical product—won’t be effective.
Is it worth it? Because it doesn’t take the position of an eye cream in your skincare regimen.
Based on your specific eye region issues, only you can make that decision, but in my opinion, this eye treatment is worthwhile.
I have an obvious problem with dark circles and could use any additional antioxidant protection. It costs less than the normal eye cream found in drugstores and is also extremely reasonably priced.